Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
doo·dle /ˈdudl/ [dood-l] - verb, -dled, -dling, noun
–verb (used with object), verb (used without object)
1. to draw or scribble idly: He doodled during the whole lecture.
2. to waste (time) in aimless or foolish activity.
3. Dialect. to deceive; cheat. –noun
4. a design, figure, or the like, made by idle scribbling.
5. Archaic. a foolish or silly person.
[Origin: 1935–40, Americanism; orig. sense, fool (n.)] —Related forms
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.